Frequently Asked Questions
Jingle Bell Run - Seattle has passed the 500 participant mark and will comply with State and County Covid19 regulations. All participants 12 and older are required to comply to covid regulations by providing proof of vaccination or negative covid test before participating in the event. See our covid link for detailed information. Plan to bring your ID, vaccination proof, or negative test proof to the event at the check-in area. Thank you for Jingling!
- How much does it cost to register? Fees are the same for team members and individual participants. Visit the registration page on jbr.org/seattle for the schedule of fees and deadlines.
- When does online registration close? Registration will close for any of the registration types that include the shipping option at 11:59 pm on Friday, December 3rd. All other registration types will stay open until 11:59 pm on Friday, December 10. Registration will be available at Packet Pick up and Race Day through a QR code on-line system.
- After online registration is closed, can I still register? YES! You can register in person at the Seattle Super Jock 'n Jill location through December 11th. Please note, that this location can only accept payment via the QR Code linked registration website. Those who register at this location will receive their packet in-store at the time of registration.
- How do I get my packet? Packet pick-up for all Jingle Bell Run Seattle participants will be held at Super Jock n’ Jill at the Seattle Green Lake location Saturday, December 11 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. or the morning of the event at Green Lake starting at 7:00 a.m. Please note – if you selected “packet mailing” with your registration type, then your packet will be shipped to the participant address provided during registration. If you need to update your address, please email us at [email protected] ASAP.
- How do we get access to the VIP Winter Wonderland? Teams and Individuals who raise $500 or more by Friday, December 3 will qualify for entrance into the VIP Winter Wonderland. Visit the VIP Winter Wonderland page on jbr.org/seattle for more details.
- Is there a gear check? No! We will not be able to host a coat check for the 2021 event. Please plan accordingly.
- Where do I park? We highly recommend using public transportation. The start line will be at the Green Lake Aqua Theater.
Participants are encouraged to park at the Lower Woodland Park Ballfields Parking (specifically in front of the baseball fields and soccer fields #2 & #7). West Green Lake Way N will be closed from N 63rd St to East Green Lake Way N so participants will want to approach the event from the east side of Green Lake. If spaces fill up in front of the fields, it is suggested to park in the surrounding neighborhoods and along East Green Lake Way. With multiple waves happening throughout the day, vehicles will be arriving and departing periodically. For the participant’s safety, all parking lots on West Green Lake Way N near the Aqua Theater will be closed to vehicles. View Map
- Do I have to fundraise? The purpose of this Seattle holiday tradition is to raise money for the Arthritis Foundation. While there is no fundraising minimum, we highly encourage each participant to raise a minimum of $150. Participants can do this using their online fundraising headquarters, which is automatically created at the time of registration. Other fundraising ideas are a letter writing campaign, jeans day at work, garage sales, bake sales and more!
- How do I turn in my donations? Any donations that are not made online can be sent to:
Arthritis Foundation, Inc.
Attn: JBR Seattle
1355 Peachtree Street NE #600
Atlanta, GA 3039
Please note that in your personal fundraising HQ (online) you have the opportunity to enter these donations as pledges. This allows for all donations to be added to your fundraising total immediately. If you have questions, please email us [email protected]g. Last minute donations can also be turned in on race day at the Donation/Troubleshooting Tent near the Aqua Theater.
- Are dogs allowed? Yes! Please bring your furry friends with you, but plan to participate in the 5K untimed wave and walk.
- Is there a Costume Contest? Yes! Please don your most festive snowflake, elf, Starbucks coffee mug, Mr. & Mrs. Claus, or any other costume you like. WARM 106.9 will judge and award winners before each event wave. Be sure to swing by the WARM 106.9 vehicle and register before your wave starts!
- If my child is participating in the Kids 1k Fun Run, do I need to register for the Kids 1k Fun Run as well? No - if your child is participating in the Kids Fun Run and you would like to escort them, you do not need to register for this event. However, if you would like to participate in the 5k event or/and would like an event t-shirt you will need to register as an adult for the Jingle Bell Run.
- Do I have to run/walk with my teammates? No! It's wonderful if you all want to run/walk together, but we understand that everybody has a different pace. Whether you are on a team or not, you are free to register for any of the race waves or the Kids 1k Fun Run.
- Are there awards for top finishers? Yes, top Finisher certificates will be emailed out after the event showing your ranking and placement!
- I will be out of town/busy on December 12 - can I still get a shirt and/or fundraise? Yes! you can still participate and fundraise with a team or as an individual if you aren’t able to attend the Jingle Bell Run. Just click the “register” button and when you are asked to designate a registration type, choose “Virtual 5K.” You will receive a shirt (mailed to you) and your registration fee will be greatly appreciated by the Arthritis Foundation!
- I don’t live near Seattle; how can I still participate? You can still participate and fundraise with a team or as an individual if you aren’t able to attend the in-person Jingle Bell Run in Seattle. Just click the “register” button and when you are asked to designate a registration type, choose “Virtual 5K with Shipping.” Your shirt and finisher medal will be mailed to you.
- What if it snows on race day and the roads are icy and the weather person is telling us to stay inside? Chances are Jingle Bell Run is still on! We won't shut this event down unless the City of Seattle or Parks and Recreation Department tells us to. For updates from the Jingle Bell Run Seattle, like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram. We will also post updates at www.jbr.org/seattle.
- Are registration fees refundable? No, if you are unable to attend the Jingle Bell Run (for any reason), your registration fee will be considered a donation to the Arthritis Foundation, and you can still pick up your shirt at the Arthritis Foundation office. The Arthritis Foundation reserves the right to cancel the Jingle Bell Run, and in this event all registration fees will be used as donations to the Arthritis Foundation.
- Can I exchange my shirt for a different size? Yes, on the day of the event (after the run/walk) at the Day-Of Registration/Packet Pick-Up Tent. You will be provided with the size requested during registration and we must do the same for everyone. Please understand that we do not order many extra shirts and sizes will likely be limited. Unfortunately, we are not able to absorb the cost of shipping to exchange shirts before the event.
And…don’t miss these exciting things post-race at Green Lake!
- Holiday Cheer Garden - 21+ participants are welcome to stop by our Holiday Cheer Garden for one FREE beer per race bib! You can also purchase an additional beer for $5.
- Elf Village - Opens at 7:00 a.m. before the race, so stop by with your kids to receive a grab & go holiday goodie bag.
20. You didn't answer my question - what next? Please email us with further questions at [email protected]. It may take a day or two to respond, but we'll do our best to get your question answered in a timely manner. Thank you in advance for your patience!